Legal information – Conditions of use of the website
The use of this site is subject to compliance with the general conditions described below. By accessing this website, you declare that you have read and accepted, without reservation, these general conditions of use.
Purpose of the website
Lisez-vous le belge? is the vehicle for promoting Belgian French-speaking book operators internationally. It is the property of the public service agency of Wallonia-Brussels International, whose aim is to help the talents of Wallonia-Brussels in their international activities.
The lisezvouslebelge.com website aims to provide:
-Information on the book scene in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation; publishing houses and authors
-Representative content proposals
-To provide information on possible support
This website is managed by Wallonie-Bruxelles International. Any question or suggestion about it can be sent to the address email@example.com.
Quality of information and service – limitation of liability
We take the greatest care in managing this website. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided. The information is subject to change without prior notice. As a result, we cannot accept any liability for the use of the content of this website. In the case of information and documents that are the subject of an official publication, only the texts published in the Belgian Official Gazette are authentic. The hypertext links on the website directing users to other Internet websites do not engage our responsibility for the content of these websites.
Intellectual property rights
The texts, layouts, illustrations and other elements of the website are protected by copyright or, in the case of databases, by a specific right. All these elements are the property of Wallonie-Bruxelles International or, where applicable, of a third party from whom Wallonie-Bruxelles International has obtained the necessary authorisations. Unless otherwise stipulated, the textual or numerical information appearing on the website may be used free of charge, provided that the source is mentioned and only for a use that is neither commercial nor advertising. On the other hand, any reproduction of this information for commercial or advertising purposes, as well as any form of use or reproduction of other elements of the website, such as the graphic line, images, sounds or computer applications, is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation. Any such request should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creation of hyperlinks to the website
We authorise the creation without prior request of surface links to the home page of the website or to any other page in its entirety. On the other hand, the use of any techniques aimed at including all or part of the portal website in an Internet website by masking, even partially, the exact origin of the information or which could lead to confusion about the origin of the information, such as framing or in-lining, requires written authorisation. Any such request should be addressed to email@example.com.
Wallonie-Bruxelles International (hereinafter “WBI”), the public interest organisation responsible for Wallonia-Brussels international relations, attaches great importance to respecting and protecting your personal data which it is required to process in the context of carrying out its public interest missions.
WBI undertakes to process your personal data (hereinafter, “personal data”) in a lawful, fair and transparent manner in accordance with the legislation in force.
For the purposes of this document, the following definitions apply:
– “applicable legislation”: all applicable regulations (national, European and international) on the protection of personal data concerning natural persons, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“RGPD”) ;
– “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person;
– “processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data or sets of personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction
– “control” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing
– “processor” shall mean the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
– “third party” shall mean a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and those persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or the processor, are authorised to process the personal data
– “recipient” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body to whom personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not
– “consent” means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she signifies his or her agreement, by means of a declaration or a clear positive act, to personal data relating to him or her being processed
– “profiling” shall mean any form of automated processing of personal data which consists in using such data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict factors concerning that person’s work performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements;
– “Missions of public interest of WBI or missions”: the missions of public interest for which WBI is responsible in accordance with Article 2 of the Cooperation Agreement of 20 March 2008 between the French Community, the Walloon Region and the French Community Commission of the Brussels-Capital Region creating a common entity for the international relations of Wallonia-Brussels:
o the preparation and coordination of international relations as well as the execution of the tasks they entail, in matters falling within the remit of the French Community, the Walloon Region, including matters whose exercise has been transferred to it by the French Community, and the French Community Commission, in matters whose exercise has been transferred to it by the French Community;
o the implementation of the policy defined by the Government of the French Community, the Government of the Walloon Region and the College of the French Community Commission;
o It may also be entrusted with specific missions of an international nature by other ministerial departments or public interest organisations.
o Without prejudice to the exercise of the competences of the member of the Government of the French Community who has international relations in his or her attributions, of the member of the Walloon Government who has international relations in his or her attributions and of the member of the College of the French Community Commission who has international relations in his or her attributions, W.B.I. is also in charge of assisting the other members of the Government of the French Community, of the Walloon Government and of the French Community Commission in their european and international functions.
o Within the framework of the transfer of certain parts of development cooperation in accordance with or by virtue of article 6ter of the special law on institutional reforms of 8 August 1980, WBI will be in charge of the matters thus transferred to the French Community, the Walloon Region and the French Community Commission of the Brussels-Capital Region.
In a general and transversal manner, WBI is responsible for ensuring optimal visibility and presence of Wallonia-Brussels abroad.
Categories of personal data processed by WBI
In the performance of its duties, WBI is required to process the following personal data concerning you:
– Identification data: surname, first name, postal address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, copy of identity card and/or passport, photo;
– Data on personal characteristics: age, gender, date and place of birth, nationality, languages spoken;
– Financial data: payment card number, bank account number (only when financial aid is provided to companies organised as individuals and, in certain cases, during certain collective commercial prospecting actions);
– Professional, educational and training data: title/function, name of employer, curriculum vitae (e.g. for the purpose of completing an internship with WBI, for participation in various WBI service offers or for the purpose of fulfilling the selection requirements for certain WBI public contracts);
– Browsing data on our websites: IP addresses, dates and times of access to the sites, type of browser, pages consulted;
– Sensitive data: as a general rule, WBI does not use your sensitive personal data such as data relating to your sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, health or ethnicity. However, information on the possible implications of your diet may be requested in the context of public relations operations and collective actions;
Sources of your personal data
WBI may collect personal data from the following sources:
– You: this is the main source of personal data collected by WBI;
– External partners: operators in the sphere of WBI’s missions, Walloon administrations and PIOs (where applicable), Governments, Parliaments;
– Publicly accessible sources: it is possible that in some cases, WBI collects personal data from publicly accessible sources (company websites referencing the contact details of its representatives, Crossroads Bank of Enterprises, etc.).
Purpose and legal basis for processing your personal data
Authorised legal basis
In this section, WBI wishes to inform you of the purposes for which it processes your personal data and to indicate the legal grounds on which, in accordance with the legislation in force, it relies to carry out this processing.
For each processing of personal data that it carries out, WBI relies on one or more of the legal bases authorised by the legislation in force (for information, these bases are listed in Article 6 of the RGPD).
Thus, depending on the context and purposes, WBI may collect and use your personal data (i) to perform its public interest functions and/or (ii) to ensure the proper performance of a contract you have entered into with it and/or (iii) to comply with a legal obligation to which it is subject.
WBI may also rely on your consent to process your personal data. In such a case, WBI undertakes not to use such data for any purpose other than that for which you have given your consent.
Purposes of processing by WBI
The Cooperation Agreement of 20 March 2008 between the French Community, the Walloon Region and the French Community Commission of the Brussels-Capital Region assigns several missions of public interest to WBI, which can be grouped into the following four areas
– Preparation and coordination of international relations in matters falling within the remit of the French Community, the Walloon Region and the French Community Commission;
– Assisting the other members of the Governments of these components in their European and international functions;
– The responsibility for development cooperation matters transferred by the three components;
– In a transversal manner, the responsibility of ensuring the visibility of Wallonia-Brussels abroad.
It is within the framework of these four main tasks that all personal data processing is carried out within WBI, where applicable in co-responsibility with other public bodies or with the support of public or private subcontractors or institutions.
Most of the personal data processing carried out by WBI is necessary for the provision of the service(s) you have requested on a voluntary basis.
In no case does the processing of personal data carried out by WBI include a commercial dimension, in the sense of research or the requirement of a financial consideration, except in the form of participation rights in certain of its canvassing activities.